Wednesday, February 01, 2006

new socks... of course

Well another pair of socks on the needles... Surprise... NOT... I am working with a worsted weight wool blend, size 3 needles, 12 per needle... on 4 needles.. doing a horseshoe type cable over 4 stitches... sort of directions here...

cast on 48 stitches - 12 per needle, and k2-p2 for approx 1 inch for the cuff...

1st needle in the cable round... k 6 p2, then slip 2 stitches to a cable type needle, with yarn in back, knit 2 stitches, and then knit the 2 slipped stitches...

2nd needle... slip 2 stitches, with yarn in front, knit 2 stitches, knit the 2 slipped stitches, p 2 stitches, knit 6 stitches...

repeat 1st needle directions for the 3rd needle, and 2nd needle directions for the 4th needle...

knit 4 rows, then repeat cable round... thats all the further I am in the sock, but... I'll post more as I get further along!

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Spinner of fiber, Knitter, Crocheter, Re-enactor