Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Life interrupts



This past Friday, I became a statistic… I was assaulted, basically (in my opinion)  because I didn’t ‘mind my own business’ .  I saw a person go into a yard, where I knew he didn’t belong, and asked what he needed there… his answer was he was seeing friends…  Because I knew the people at the house, I asked who he was going to see… and was told… “ummm well I’m sick…“ My feeling then was ‘this is not a good thing’!  When I asked him further, he stated – “if you don’t like it, call someone”… so I called the local police. And as I was speaking to the police, he came running at me, and knocked me down.  I now have a lovely blackening eye, and found out last night that I have a broken collar bone.

The local police were there within in minutes… and I was told that my face was bleeding, which didn’t really surprise me, as it was scraped… and was asked if I wanted to go get checked out… my thought was, it is now almost 6 a.m. and I have to be at work at 8… there is no way that I can be in and out of the e.r. within 2 hours.  I declined, and the officer looked at me rather strangely, and I said, ‘if need be, I will get checked out later, how ever, I am it at work… If I don’t show up, things don’t get done’.  He then asked me if I was sure that I would be o.k., and I said… I have to be.

Last night while I was at E. R. I had an assistant ask me if she needed to call Adult Protective Services for me… which very much touched me… and as I explained to her, the only person at home was me… and that I wasn’t into using a sock and orange to make it look as if I had been beaten up for sympathy!

The venture last night took about 4 ½ hours, but it could have been lots worse, and although I am battered and bruised, I am and will be fine!

1 comment:

Elizabeth said...

Wow Margie! I'm sorry that happened to you! That person has really bad karma now.

About Me

My photo
Spinner of fiber, Knitter, Crocheter, Re-enactor