Monday, January 14, 2008

Production knitting...

I have a greater admiration for those who can do production knitting... I have found that I cannot... sigh...

And by production I mean sitting for hours and hours and hours and just knitting... I did that to my self this past weekend, working on the cph sweater, and on a pair of slipper sox I had been commissioned to do...

I found out that the 1st sleeve of the cph sweater was way off measurement wise, so I jumped into the frog pond and ripped back to where the 1st error was... put that part back onto the circular needle and continued working on the matching sleeve... I had already started the 2nd sleeve, and finished it yesterday... and hurray for being able to 'tweak' the pattern just a hair to fit me... and re-did the sleeve... after binding off that sleeve, I went back to the 1st sleeve, and have gotten to the 1st increase / cable...

I also finished the slipper sox for my building mate, remembered that I can do a sock (short 10 row cuff) in about 5 - 6 hours... I have done a pair of socks in 12 hours... working moderately non-stop, and again remember why my hands hurt so much after doing that!

Today... I swear on my bag o' knitting and my new magazines (spin-off and hand knits) that I will not touch the needles - except to put them away for a day or two or maybe even three!

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Spinner of fiber, Knitter, Crocheter, Re-enactor