Wednesday, January 18, 2006

more of the same

So... knitting... knitting... knitting... I finally got the Lorna's Laces Safari yarn to talk to me, and tell me what type of pattern... I cast on 68 stitches, and did a 1x1 ribbing for 1 1/2 inches, and now comes the boring part (so to speak) of doing the leg... Fortunately the yarn is a 'patterning' type of yarn and I can watch the pattern grow!

In addition I have been making 'medicine' bags and found some scarlet and bridal white crochet thread to knit with, I am still needing a sunny yellow, a grass green, and a bright blue, along with black... another day I will post pix of the stuff!

1 comment:

Joe Madl said...

Hun, next time try using a basketweave pattern...or a broken rib...or other simple textural pattern with those self-patterning yarns! You'll find some very interesting NEW patterns developing and you won't get so bored with knitting the leg and instep of the socks! Woohoo!

About Me

My photo
Spinner of fiber, Knitter, Crocheter, Re-enactor