Friday, May 04, 2007

Musings


Well...

It has been a while!!!

Lets see...

Faire started and I turned 55 in April... so far its be a grand faire... I am not "working" working... at faire... I 'work' with my guild... but this year ... for the first time in many years I am not working at a job job there! The only thing that I "have" to do is guild stuff... like sitting with my spinning wheel... or my Inkle Loom... or... walking in a parade!!!

Other things in my life...

I was gifted a gift that left me blathering... a friend gave me a Celtic lap harp... 25 strings... I can play... Mary had a little lamb... but have aspirations to play more...

May 2nd was my 1 year 'jobiversary' (as my daughter put it)... I made a year here at the scale... and I still am liking the job... its great 95% of the time... yes I have the drivers who I wonder how they got their liscenses... (can they read at all... can they see the exit sign... ) and the ones who getting information from them is interesting at best... but... I'm not dreading coming to work which is an important factor in any job!

Today... I had an aha moment! Being an obsessive knitter I tend to knit things that catch my eye... but... I've avoided toe-up socks, as I didn't want to do the heels... and tube socks just aren't my thing!! However... today in reading Wendy knits she had a link for a pair of socks that are done toe-up... and I could 'see' how it was done!!!

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

No.

I have a spinning wheel. He nags. He produces beautiful yarn, but he nags.

I have a loom who is putting me on a guilt trip for not having her fixed and warped up already.

I am NOT getting harp envy.

I refuse.

I mean it.

Oh darn.....

About Me

My photo
Spinner of fiber, Knitter, Crocheter, Re-enactor